Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Dalaco’s terms and conditions. Please read through them carefully before placing your order.
Our Contact Details:
Registered company name: Inspirational by Design Ltd trading as Dalaco
Registered office: Bawdenhayes, Sandford, Crediton, EX17 4ET
Company registration number: 5137642 registered in England
Dalaco office opening times:
Our office is open 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday except public holidays.
To get help with using our website and for answers to frequently asked questions please click the HELP button on our home page at: www.dalaco.co.uk or just phone or email us.
Shipping And Handling – We Ship Worldwide
Dalaco’s policy is to deliver to your business address (normally your Invoice address) not the address of your customer.
If you need your order delivered to one of your business addresses which is not your Invoice address you can choose to do so during the order process.
|Shipping to United Kingdom and Channel Island addresses:
Order values are before VAT is added.
|Shipping charges to Republic of Ireland:
Order values are before VAT is added.
|Shipping to European Union (EU) addresses (not Republic of Ireland):
||Shipping to non-EU addresses:
Despatch Lead Times:
We aim to despatch all orders by the fifth day following receipt of order (weekends and public holidays excluded).
For large orders (100+ items) it can take longer.
For very small orders (up to 8 items) we try to ship within 48 hours.
If you have a specific deadline for delivery please contact us to check whether we can meet your deadline.
From October to Christmas despatch and transit times can each be up to 14 days more than stated above.
To get your Christmas stock in good time you are strongly advised to order before the end of October.
Transit times vary from 2 to 7 days (weekends & holidays excluded) depending on delivery address.
Transit times vary from 4 to 12 days (weekends & holidays excluded) depending on delivery address.
Orders for theUK, Channel Islands and Ireland:
If any items are not in stock they will be sent as soon as available. They will appear as Back Order items on your invoice and packing list.
If you cancel any items on Back Order a refund will be credited to your card account, normally within 48 hours (weekends and holidays excluded).
Back Orders to the Rest of World:
Out of stock items will be cancelled by Dalaco. A refund will be credited to your card account before your order is despatched.
VAT (currently 20%) is added to the product price and any shipping charge for all orders from any EU country.
If you are eligible to buy without paying VAT you can select tax exemption when placing your order by clicking a tick box and providing your VAT Registration number.
Channel Island customers:
You may select Guernsey or Jersey (regardless of which island you are on) as the shipping destination Country/Nation. This will ensure you are not charged VAT.
Credit Card Security
All payment card numbers are encrypted using industry standard encryption when the order is placed. They are only decrypted after they reach WorldPay’s secure server environment. They are not held in clear readable format on any web site and are not seen by Dalaco.
Our products are covered by a two year guarantee against faulty manufacture.
In the unlikely event you have cause to return any of our products for replacement please refer to our Returns Policy below.
Last modified: 1st May 2018.
Inspirational by Design Ltd T/A Dalaco (“We” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data and privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (“the Act”) we are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration Reference No A8273178) and a description of how we use personal information is included in our entry on the data protection register which is maintained by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information we may collect from you
Under GDPR we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We have procedures and security features in place that aim to keep your data secure once we receive it. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information by paper, corresponding with us via email, social media, phone, fax, by contacting our staff, one of our sales agents or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you visit our websites, use our services, network, and correspond with us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email contact details, phone number(s), and other information required by us to deliver our products and services.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our websites we may automatically collect the following information:
- Information about your visit to our websites – products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, and length of visit.
Legal Basis we rely on
The GDPR protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data including:
Consent – in specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent e.g. when you tick a box to receive email newsletters
Performance of a Contract – we need your personal data to enable us to perform a contract and deliver our products and services
Legal compliance – If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data – e.g. we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity or details to HMRC
Legitimate interest – in specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interest in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests’ e.g. to carry out our marketing activities and seeking your consent when we need to contact you.
Why do we collect information about you?
We need to collect and hold information about you, for a variety of reasons including:
- the delivery of our products and services
- confirming your identity to provide some product and services
- contacting you by post, email or telephone
- understanding your needs to provide the products and services that you request
- understanding what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant products
- obtaining your opinion about our products and services
- obtaining your opinion about our products and services
- updating your customer record
- helping us to build up a picture of how we are performing at delivering services to you and what products and services are needed
- helping us to build up a picture of how we are performing at delivering services to you and what products and services are needed
- Providing information on our products and services by way of a newsletter
- processing financial transactions
- preventing and detecting fraud and corruption in the use of funds
- making sure we meet our statutory obligations including those related to diversity and equalities
We may not be able to provide you with a product or service unless we have enough information, or your permission to use that information.
How we use your information
We will use the information you provide in a manner that conforms to the GDPR Act. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate, up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary. In some instances the law sets the length of time information has to be kept.
We will process your information for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or by Legitimate Interest)
- to monitor and improve our performance in responding to your request
- to allow us to be able to communicate with you and provide products and services appropriate to your needs
- to ensure that we meet our legal obligations
- where necessary for the law enforcement functions
- to prevent and detect fraud or crime
- to process financial transactions including payments, or where we are acting on behalf of other government bodies, e.g. Department for Work and Pensions
- to collect tax and monies owed to us
- where necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury
- to allow the statistical analysis of data so we can plan the provision of our products and services
- to notify you about changes to our services
- for other legitimate business purposes
We also embrace the use of social media and may wish to process any comments made public by you.
How we protect your information
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we won’t ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. The information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to make sure it can’t be seen, accessed or disclosed to anyone who shouldn’t see it.
We will not disclose your personal information that you provide to us, to anyone else without your permission, except in the few situations where disclosure is required by law, or where we have good reason to believe that failing to share the information would put someone else at risk. You will be told about this.
We will not keep your information longer than it is needed taking into account the following:
- Whether we have any legal obligations to continue to process your information (imposed by relevant law or regulations)
- The purpose(s) and use of your information both now and in the future (such as whether it is necessary to continue to store that information so we can continue to perform our obligations under a contract with you or a contract in the future)
- Where we have a legal basis to continue to process information (such as your consent)
- How difficult it is to ensure that the information can be kept up to date and accurate – and –
- Any relevant surrounding circumstances (such a the nature and status of our relationship with you)
Ways in which we collect and use information
We will keep your information within the organisation except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we use third party service providers to supply and support our services to you. We use trusted third parties including IT companies who support our websites, Exact who provide our accounting software, HM Revenue & Customs, accountants, couriers, fraud management, secure document disposal service, and to administer our mailing list for e-newsletters with an organisation called Mail Chimp. If you have purchased from us and used a credit or debit card with us, we will share transaction details with companies which help us to provide this service (such as Visa and MasterCard).
If we use products or services which process personal information, we will only use GDPR compliant companies to help deliver our services, we will only provide information they need to perform their specific service and we will work closely with them to ensure your privacy is respected at all times. These providers are obliged to keep your details securely, and use them only to fulfil your request. If we do transfer any information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) we will ensure the following safeguards:
- Transfer to a non-EEA country with privacy laws that give the same protection as the EEA.
- Put in place a contract with the recipient that means they must protect the data to the same standards as in the EEA
- Transfer to organisations that are part of Privacy Shield. This is a framework that sets privacy standards for data sent between the US and EU countries. It makes sure those standards are similar to what is used in the EU. You can find out more about data protection on the European Commission Justice website.
We may disclose information to other partners where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under GDPR.
We will inform you if we record or monitor any telephone calls you make to us and obtain your consent to do so. This will be used, to increase your security, for our record keeping of the transaction and for our staff training purposes.
Please remember that transmission of information over the internet is not secure and if you submit any information to us over the internet (such as emails, or via our website(s) or by any other means you do so at your own risk. If you email us we may keep a record of your contact and your email address and the email for our record keeping of the transaction. For security reasons we will not include any confidential information about you in any email we send to you. We would also suggest that you keep the amount of confidential information you send to us via email to a minimum and use our secure online services or post.
Applications to work for us
If you apply to work for us (directly or indirectly) in any role (including volunteers) we may receive data about you from third parties. In addition, we will keep the details of your application and any additional information provided to us by you or others during your application so that we can keep you informed of future opportunities that you may be interested in. If you do not wish for us to keep your detail for this reason, please let us know by contacting us using the details provided in the policy.
When will we contact you?
We may contact you:
- In relation to any product, service or activity in order to ensure that we can deliver our products and services
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our products and service so we can make improvements if necessary
- To deliver our annual product brochure and price list
- For marketing purposes – we will only send you marketing emails or contact you for marketing purposes if you have agreed for us to do so
- We offer regular emails and newsletters to let you know about our products and services and you can opt out of these at any time
Legitimate Interest & Marketing
Where we use Legitimate Interest we will record our decision and our method on making this decision. This can be requested by you at any time.
If you are an existing contact or customer we will only contact you by postal, telephone or electronic means (e-mail) with information about services or goods which you have previously purchased from us or enquired about. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by post, telephone or electronic means only if you have consented to this. You can choose to not receive these types of communication by contacting us.
You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data in relation to our products and services. However, this may cause delays or prevent us delivering a products or service to you. Where possible we will seek to comply with your request but we may be required to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
You can legally ask to see any information that we hold about you, and get a copy. To do so please contact our Data Protection Manager (contact details are at the end of the Policy).
You have the right to be forgotten and may terminate your arrangement with us at any time, in which case we will permanently delete your record(s) and all data associated with it. To request this please contact our Data Protection Manager. Where possible we will seek to comply with your request but we may be required to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
We try to ensure that any information we hold about you is correct. There may be times where you find the information we hold is no longer accurate and you have the right to have this corrected.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have a complaint about how your information has been used. We will need to record your personal contact details to be able to respond to, and track the progress of, your request. Where you request access to your information we are required by law to use all reasonable measures to verify your identity before doing so. These measures are designed to protect your information and to reduce risk of identity fraud, identity theft or unauthorised access to your information.
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to use regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113. Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (this opens in a new window, please note we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).
Dalaco Data Protection Manager
Unit 60 Marsh Lane
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know and we will amend them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the memory of your device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device’s memory
WE USE THE FOLLOWING COOKIES:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the storage of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Products returned to Dalaco due to faulty manufacture within two years of the date of delivery will be replaced or refunded. If you wish to return products please advise us be email to email@example.com and send the faulty product to our contact address above with instructions as to whether a replacement or credit is required.
Our Website Use
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither Dalaco nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Dalaco’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website.
- If you wish to cancel your order you much notify us within 24 hours of placing your order or we reserve the right to complete and charge for your order.
- Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your order, any sum debited to us from your credit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order.
- We reserve the right to cancel your order if we have insufficient stock to complete the order, we do not deliver to your areas, or one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price.
- If we do cancel your order we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
- We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the invoice or specified delivery address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you and we have received payment in full. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which you ordered the goods.
- Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question.
- You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
- We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
- All images on www.dalaco.co.uk and www.cufflinks-wholesale.com and www.cufflinks-dalaco.com are protected by copyright. If you would like to use any images from the above mentioned websites (URLs) please contact Dalaco to request permission.